10 Ways to Customize a Fingerboard
There are several easy and inexpensive methods to customize a standard tech deck fingerboard.
1.Paint Deck: One of the easiest things to do is obtain a bit of sand paper or an emery board and lightly scratch of the image on the fingerboard deck. After the deck is smooth and the old graphic is taken away,acrylic paint does apply.
2.Reshape Deck: A typical finger skateboard could be reshaped using a heat source. First remove the grip tape then lightly heat when making the plastic soft. Using your fingers bend and shape the board to produce higher kicks, and curves.
3.Paint the Trucks: Painting the trucks is a great method to customize a fingerboard and make it truly stand out. Take the top and bottom trucks apart, lightly sand them. Carefully paint all parts of the truck aside from the threaded portion in which the wheels attach.
4. Paint Bolts/Screws: Painting the micro screws and tiny bolts is often over seen custom fingerboards.The small parts could be painted by tying these to a piece of thread and dipping them into the desired paint color.
5. Dye Wheels: The wheels that come with tech decks could be dyed using regular fabric dyes. Follow the manufacturers instructions for using the dye. But leave the wheels in for more than is suggested to insure a brighter color.
6. Change Wheels: Anybody serious about customizing their fingerboard will ultimately look into getting new wheels. Completely custom after market wheels can be bought which include hi-tech micro ball bearing that increase the speed.
7. Add Risers: Risers are the small plastic pieces that sit under the bottom of the truck. Adding risers can increase the pop of the board making tricks easier.
8. Change Bushings: Tech decks include hard plastic bushings that do not permit much give. Soft PVC bushings can be found in a number of colors and add a great customized look.
9. Add Pivot Cups: Pivot cups are utilized once the contact between the the kingpin on the top truck and also the master hole on the bottom truck are not connecting. The pivot cup covers the space between the two and holds the truck firmly together. They come in a number of colors.
10.Custom Grip Tape: customizing check your grip tape on a fingerboard is simple. Utilizing a pencil draw out a design on the paper side from the tape. Cut from the design arranging different colors to form different patterns.